Friday, October 30, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
One of the side effects of the TBTF policy is that it is essentially a subsidy of the mega banks at the expense of the smaller, regional ones, as the cost of capital of anyone perceived Too Big To Fail will approach zero due to their implicit guarantee by the US government in perpetuity: an unfortunate side effect of moral hazard becoming a national doctrine. An analysis by the Center For Economic and Policy Research has quantified the funding differential as one of 49 basis points, which translates into a bank subsidy of $34.1 billion per year for all banks with more than $100 billion in assets.
The table below highlights what portion of an institution's total profits is owed to Geithner's and Obama's generosity.
Finish reading HERE
This is the breaking story I have been waiting for. It is still not completely finished it should be by days end. I thought I would share with you a major piece so you have an idea what it is all about. I will have the link and the complete story with sources for you later today!
Widespread Abnormalities Across Gold Market
The strange activity in gold markets isn't limited to out of control open interest on gold futures or fictitious Comex warehouse data. Things are going wrong across the gold market.
1) Early this year, The NYSE-Liffe futures exchange ran out of 1 kg bars of gold. Instead of receiving 1 kg bars as per mini-gold futures contracts, clearing members are now being allowed to hand out little slips of paper, called "warehouse depository receipts" (WDR), which gives the holder 1/3rd interest in a 100 ounce bar. Customers are not being allowed to take delivery, unless they can accumulate 3 WDRs. The NYSE effectively substituted the supply of 100 ounce bars for the supply of 1kg bars, which has run out. NYSE-Liffe mini-gold (YG) contract specifications were altered some time after December 31, 2008 to hide this default.
2) On March 19, the Fed announced its plan to purchase $300 billion long-term Treasuries, $750 billion (toxic) mortgage-backed securities, and $100 billion (toxic) debt issued by Fannie and Freddie. This announcement was INCREADIBLY BEARISH for the dollar and bullish for gold. In the following two days, someone increased open interest in gold futures by shorting 34 tons (1,209,600 ounces) of gold. Who in their right mind would short gold following the fed's plan to go on a buying binge and load up its balance sheet with toxic debt?
3) Two major events happened in the gold market at the end of March this year:
A) On March 31st, Deutsche Bank delivered 850,000 ounces of gold to Comex contract holders.
B) On March 31st, ECB announced it had "sold" 35.5 tons of gold (1,141,351 ounces).
Circumstantial evidence and common sense suggest that the European Central Bank sold its gold to Deutsche Bank and saved the bank and the Comex from default.
4) In the last three weeks, significant irregularities significant irregularities have appeared in the gold bar registry of GLD, with the length of the published GLD bar list going from 1,381 pages on September 25, to 208 pages on October 2, then back to 855 pages on October 14.
5) GFMS data on the volume of gold traded on the London market (about 90% of gold traded worldwide) does not tally with the estimated amount of gold bars which conform to "London Good Delivery" standard.
6) On October 29, 2008, the TOCOM added a 'physically backed commodity ETF' as a possible physical for EFP (Exchange of Futures for Physicals) transactions at the exchange. An exchange for physicals (EFP) transaction is when a client gives an IOU for a physical commodity to a broker and that broker opens a short position on the futures exchange in that commodity. Normally, Exchange for physicals is the legitimate process used by producers to sell futures against their future production. However, if the IOU portion of the EFP is not from a commodity producer (ie: borrowed a GLD Ishares), then you have a problem.]
In summary, New York and Tokyo commodity exchanges are now permitting their gold futures contracts to be settled not in real metal but in shares of gold exchange-traded funds (ETFs). This essentially allows those short gold (and the exchanges themselves, which guarantee futures contracts) the ability to transfer their obligations to third parties (commodity ETFs) that may not have the metal they claim to have.
7) Half a ton of gold has disappeared from the Royal Canadian Mint. An independent audit released on July 3rd found no accounting, bookkeeping, or other internal errors could account for about 17,500 troy ounces of gold missing from the mints inventory. Fearing a "run" on its gold, Royal Canadian Mint is reassuring customers their deposits are fully accounted for and in secure vaults. A RCMP investigation into the $15.3 million missing gold is "ongoing." (If half a ton of gold could disappear from one of the most secure buildings in Canada, then Isn't it about time for US gold reserves to be audited?)
8) Rob Kirby is reporting some VERY SERIOUS developments in the gold market, which, although I have no way to verify them, seem creditable in light of everything else that I KNOW is going):
A) During the week of Oct. 5, some large allocated physical transactions that were settled in London under VERY strange circumstances. Banks like JPMorgan and Deutsche Bank (who sold endless amounts of gold futures at prices of 950 to 1025) and then tried to make “side deals” with the folks they sold the futures to – offering them spot + 25 % (around 1,275 per ounce) to settle in fiat – after their counter parties demanded substantial tonnage of physical gold bullion.
B) A number of large interests have demanded audits of gold stored in London.
C) In an Asian depository, they've found "Good Delivery" bricks that had been gutted and filled with tungsten.
9) US-based clearing house CME Group Inc. is allowing physical gold to be used as collateral for margin requirements on all exchange products. This new CME policy is an act of desperation. The decision to “allow physical gold to be used as collateral for margin requirements on all exchange products”, against a backdrop of record prices and widespread abnormalities in gold markets, screams that something is wrong. The policy would never have been proposed unless JPMorgan really, really needed gold.
10) Statistics from United States Geological Survey show that the united states has exported 5000 metric tons of "Gold compounds" in last two years, and the US Census Bureau has assigned an astronomically high value to these exports. Until someone explains to me what these “gold compounds” are, I am going to assume that they were half the US gold reserves leaving the country.
The gold market is an accident waiting to happen
Basically, the gold market operates on a fractional reserve basis. On average there are several claims of ownership on each gold bar conforming to London Good Delivery (LGD) standard on the "pool" of gold which acts as liquidity for the massive OTC gold trade based in London. Similarly, there are several claims of ownership on the gold bars in Comex wherehouses. If a sufficient number of market participants become concerned about this (which is happening) and there is a stampede to take delivery of physical bullion, the entire gold market will come crashing down, taking most of the global financial system with it. Market failure isn't a risk, it is a certainty. The unregulated gold market is an accident waiting to happen.
This is an excellent video. If you have read End Run or you know anything at all about the people who want a New World Order this is a must watch. Think Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Federal Reserve. It seems perplexing to people that firms like Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan donated so heavily to Obama. Well to those who realize it of course his base is clueless they are the people who were in Chicago protesting the small banks who are not involved the very same types of people that JP Morgan and the other big banks help fund. Rather interesting combination of characters this film explains the usefulness and the real agenda of doing so.
It seems to be in direct contrast to rational thought that they would indeed help destroy Capitalism but these men are not true Capitalists they are Socialists with the desire to rule the world. This is by far superior to any of the Alex Jones videos you may have seen. This film explains it all. Make it look like Government Control to keep it in their hands! Exactly what we see Obama doing now. It explains the role of The Council of Foreign Relations, the use of mainstream news. This is a must watch video take the time and watch it all.
more about "Capitalist Conspiracy An Inside View ...", posted with vodpod
I hope you will read and heed this warning!
Obama is a Disciple of Marx.....
The Secret Truth About Karl Marx and His Disciples
Government Is Trying to Make Bailouts for the Giant Banks PERMANENT
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
My phone is tapped. My mail is read.
They know the thoughts inside my head.
The money I deposited
is now reported to the Fed.
They chip my hand, dispense my bread.
I think they watch me go to bed.
I don’t object. I’m glad instead
to be controlled until I’m dead.
There has been little new reported about the rumors of counterfeit gold bars which are actually gold-plated tungsten. One Chinese company has a Web site (www.tungsten-alloy.com) where it offers to provide tungsten as a gold substitute. On the first page of its Web site, just below a picture of gold ingots, it states, “Also, it is widely adopted in making faking coins . . .” To the extent that counterfeit 100- and 400-ounce gold bars exist, this company almost certainly could fabricate them.
In the meantime, I have heard rumors that all gold bars at the central banks in France and China are being checked for counterfeits. Central banks would have a strong desire to keep such stories from becoming public knowledge, even if no counterfeits were uncovered. If, however, the public got a whiff that one or more major central banks were holding counterfeit gold bars, that could spark a gold-buying panic.
Goldman's Lies Of Omission
The Next Step in the Bank Implosion Cycle???
The Coming "Council of Regulators"
Lock Up Your (Sons) and Daughters: Steny Hoyer Is Coming For Their Voluntary-Mandatory Health-Insurance Contributions!
Copenhagen Treaty will destroy US economy
Two key memorandums from WHO, discovered by Patrick Jordan, prove WHO has intentionally created the three-shot killer vaccine that people in the USA and other countries could soon be forced to take.
1972 WHO Bulletin 47, No 2 Memordanda #1 and #2 Virus-associated immunopathology:
Animal models and implications for human disease * technically outline the ability to create biological weapons in the form of vaccines that: Read more
The New "Twilight Zone" -- Obama Declares Swine Flu Emergency
I am checking back through out the day I am expecting a breaking story. I will post it as soon as it is available today.
GLOBAL TRENDS 2025:
THE NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE COUNCIL'S
From the Chairman of the National Intelligence Council
"Global Trends 2025: A Transformed World" is the fourth unclassified report prepared by the National Intelligence Council (NIC) in recent years that takes a long-term view of the future. It offers a fresh look at how key global trends might develop over the next 15 years to influence world events. Our report is not meant to be an exercise in prediction or crystal ball-gazing. Mindful that there are many possible "futures," we offer a range of possibilities and potential discontinuities, as a way of opening our minds to developments we might otherwise miss.
Some of our preliminary assessments are highlighted below:
As with the earlier NIC efforts—such as Mapping The Global Future 2020—the project's primary goal is to provide US policymakers with a view of how world developments could evolve, identifying opportunities and potentially negative developments that might warrant policy action. We also hope this paper stimulates a broader discussion of value to educational and policy institutions at home and abroad.
Flagstaff clinic ‘over’ doses 7 children with H1N1 vaccine