Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Little RED hen


The redefinition of an American Classic – now – an American Classicknow all the animals are Red

 

http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/thelittleredhen.png

One day as the Little Red State Hen was scratching in a field, she found a grain of wheat.

“This wheat should be planted,” she said. “Who will plant this grain of wheat?”

“Not I,” said the Donkey.
“Not I,” said the Pig.
“Not I,” said the Dog.

“Then I will,” said the Little Red State Hen. And she did.

Soon the wheat grew to be tall and yellow.

“The wheat is ripe,” said the Little Red State Hen. “Who will cut the wheat?”

“Not I,” said the Donkey.
“Not I,” said the Pig.
“Not I,” said the Dog.

“Then I will,” said the Little Red State Hen. And she did.

When the wheat was cut, the Little Red State Hen said, “Who will thresh the wheat?”

“Not I,” said the Donkey.
“Not I,” said the Pig.
“Not I,” said the Dog.

“Then I will,” said the Little Red State Hen. And she did.

When the wheat was threshed, the Little Red State Hen said, “Who will take this wheat to the mill?”

“Not I,” said the Donkey.
“Not I,” said the Pig.
“Not I,” said the Dog.

“Then I will,” said the Little Red State Hen. And she did.

She took the wheat to the mill and had it ground into flour. Then she said, “Who will make this flour into bread?”

“Not I,” said the Donkey.
“Not I,” said the Pig.
“Not I,” said the Dog.

“Then I will,” said the Little Red State Hen. And she did.

She made and baked the bread. Then she said, “Who will eat this loaf of bread?”

“Oh! I will,” said the Donkey.
“And I will,” said the Pig.
“And I will,” said the Dog.

“No, No!” said the Little Red State Hen. “I will do that.”

But as she prepared her table, Farmer Barack came out to the hen house and explained that everybody does better when the wealth is spread around. He took most of the loaf of bread the Little Red State Hen had made and gave it to the Donkey, the Pig and the Dog.

As they ate, Farmer Barack explained that next year he would provide 3.5 trillion loaves of bread and that he would increase the amount of bread that the Little Red State Hen would have to give to the other animals. He explained that this would stimulate bread production and that the Donkey, Pig and Dog would not have to give up one crumb of bread under his plan. The Donkey, Pig and Dog were, of course, very pleased with Farmer Barack’s plan for hope and change.

The next day as the Little Red State Hen was scratching in a field, she found a grain of wheat.

“This wheat should be planted,” she said. “Who will plant this grain of wheat?”

“Not I,” said the Donkey.
“Not I,” said the Pig.
“Not I,” said the Dog.
“Not I,” said the Little Red State Hen. And she didn’t.

No comments: