Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Are you licensed to reload that ammo?

I received an E-Mail from a friend of mine (Vietnam Vet.) this is what it said...

Lori,
 
I don’t know if this is for real or NOT, just remember that for right now OK!
If this is on the up and up?  Shit will hit the FAN!..

Hi Folks:

>   I just received this from a retired Marine friend who is
> quite concerned about it.  I thot you'd like to be aware
> of things happening in the "gun control" world
> that we haven't heard about yet.  I believe this needs
> to be addressed soon by NRA or other organizations and the
> information made public.  We know the news media will not do
> it, so someone has to jump on it.

>   Send this on to all you know who are anti gun control.

>   Regards,  


>   ALL ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS HEADS UP!!!!  (see attached)

>   Gentlemen,

>   I am an 11B currently assigned at Fort Campbell . I live
> off post, with 
>   my firearms(which I don't bring on post for any
> reason). A very 
>   frightening thing happened at work yesterday. I was
> ordered to fill 
>   out a list containing my firearm information. This
> included make, 
>   model, caliber, and serial number of all firearms I
> currently posses. 



>   In addition, I was also required to list registration
> information, 
>   location of all weapons individually, and information
> regarding any 
>   CCW permits I posses. If you are like me, then the people
> you work 
>   with know you have firearms. So I had to list at least
> some. I tried 
>   to talk to my 1sg (who is normally aproachable through
> proper 
>   channels) to find out what this is for, and I was
> basically told, "I 
>   don't give a 
!&@%, just put your info on the
> form." I don't know how 
>   high this goes, but I am hearing that this is going on in
> other units 
>   at Fort Campbell as well. 

>   It just seems a little coincidental to me 
>   that within 90 days: the most anti- firearm President in
> history is 
>   inaugurated, some of the nastiest anti-firearm laws are
> put on the 
>   table in Washington, and then the Army comes around
> wanting what 
>   amounts to a registration on all firearms, even if they
> are off post, 
>   and doesn't provide any reason or purpose as to why.
> I fear something 
>   really nasty is blowing in the wind here. I have been in
> almost 8 
>   years, and never have any of my units asked for this
> information. 

>   If any of you out there have any info as to what all this
> crap is about 
>   please chime in. Otherwise consider yourself warned. I
> have already 
>   posted this on every other firearm forum I am a member of
> to get the 
>   word out.

>   Here it is folks.

>   Warren Drake
>   Editor, GunEnews
>   (217)898-9602 

Well you never know there are so many internet rumours and while I trust my friend explicitly he clearly said he did not know if it was true so I wanted to see what I could find out...


From: 
ILA-Contact <ILA-Contact@nrahq.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM
Subject: RE: Is there any truth to this????
To:>


Thank you for your email.  NRA-ILA is well aware of the ongoing requirements at some Army bases for soldiers to register firearms with base authorities.  This is not a new issue; some bases have required registration for 10 years or even longer.
 
While the military has sweeping authority to control the conduct of personnel, the scope of these rules are troublesome.  Therefore, we are pursuing appropriate inquiries, and will report on the results as they become available.
 
Sincerely,
 
Katrina Ruminski
NRA-ILA

Pretty disturbing and here is another heads up from WND...



WEAPONS OF CHOICE
Are you licensed to reload that ammo?
Alarm raised over treaty provision to ban activity


I just thought everyone should be informed the push is on to take away your 2nd Amendment Rights keep your eyes open and your powder dry.  The New World Order would like nothing better than to disarm you. This is the treaty referred to in the WND article.

Lori
UPDATE PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES THIS IS SO EASY TO DO HERE....







1 comment:

Denver said...

You really have to take anything that is published on wnd.com with a huge grain of salt. I was a daily visitor from its founding. During the initial War on Terror WND published numerous articles regarding the situations in Ashcanistan and Iraq. Much of what was published as fact later turned out to be unsubstantiated rumor.

Read with caution.